Welcome to Insurance Matters, a blog created by the SCDOI.
At the SCDOI, we know some topics need a little more space than a social media post will allow. Insurance Matters was created for just those types of topics! Topics that will help expand South Carolinian’s knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry.
Pick which topic interests you! Click the title to be taken to the entry.
- Are You Covered for an Earthquake?
- Don't Let Fraud Steal Your Holiday Joy
- Five Insurance Tips to Plan for Your New Arrival
- Insurance for Expensive Gift Items
- Renewing Your Home Insurance? Here's What You Need To Know
- Halloween Insurance Tips! Not Tricks!
- The Truth About Life Insurance
- How To Use Life Insurance
- FAQ About Flood Insurance
- Flood Insurance for Businesses
- Summer Claims and Tips
- Resiliency Is A Rhyme, Not A Riddle
- FQAs: Auto Insurance
- Ensuring a Safe Thanksgiving
- Open Enrollment Period
- The Costs of Distracted Driving
- Common Life Insurance Questions
- COVID-19 Scam Awareness
- Insurance When Retiring Early
- Insurance and Fireworks
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Don’t Let the Dangers of Mold Grow
- How To Pack An Emergency Kit
- Understanding Basic Homeowners Insurance
- Teen Drivers, Insurance and Safety
- Pools and Insurance: What You Should Know
- Recovery: What to Do Coming Out of A Storm
- Understanding Your Insurance Policy
- COVID-19 - Unemployment and Insurance
- Save Money, But Don’t Make These Mistakes
- Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
- What Is Accident Insurance?
- Disaster Evacuation Plan: 5 Things
- Understanding the Claim Payout Process
- Second Home Insurance: What You Need To Know
- Summer Safety: Grill Safety and Insurance