Meetings & Agendas
Meetings may be called by the chairman at the request of three of more members of the advisory committee. All committee members must have seven days' notice of a meeting. All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available upon request in accordance with SC Code of Laws Section 30-40-90.
The Advisory Committee is composed of 20 members appointed by the Director of Insurance. Members shall serve for two years and are not able to receive per-diem, mileage, or subsistence. Members shall elect a chairman and a secretary. A two-thirds vote of members in attendance at a meeting shall constitute an official decision of the committee. The following are members listed with their corresponding member requirement.
- Ann Roberson, South Carolina Department of Insurance, SC DOI Designee
- Frank Sheppard, President, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina, One of two at-large members appointed by the director, Advisory Committee Chairman.
- Molly Price, CBO, CPM Board Administrator, SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Representative of the SC Building Codes Council, Advisory Committee Secretary
- Candice Shealey, SCEMD State Hazard Mitigation Officer, Representative from the South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- Dr. Weichiang Pang, Associate Professor, Glenn Department of Engineering, Representative from Clemson University involved with wind engineering.
- Dr. Susan Cutter, Carolina Distinguished Professor, Director Hazards & Vulnerability Research Institute, Department of Geography, University of South Carolina, Representative from an academic institution involved with the study of earthquakes
- Bruce White, Grassroots Specialist - GA, SC, NC, State Farm Insurance, Representative from an insurer writing property insurance in South Carolina
- Milton A. (Chip) Smith, Owner & President of Blue Ridge Log Cabins Representative from the SC Department of Commerce
- Lee Cave, Deputy Director, Department of Planning and Development, Town of Mount Pleasant, Representative from the South Carolina's Municipal Association
- Jessica Artz, Mitigation Specialist, State Flood Mitigation Program, SC Department of Natural Resources, Representative from the State Flood Mitigation Program
- Shell Suber, Government Affairs Director, Manufactured Housing Institute of South Carolina
- Allison Dean Love, API, MBA, Independent Consultant, One of two at-large members appointed by the director
- William C. Fuge II, Partner, Kinghorn Agency, One of two-at-large members appointed by the Governor
- Matt DeAntonio, Broker, Charleston Residential, Carroll Realty, Inc., Representative from the South Carolina Association of Realtors
- Russ Dubisky, Director of the SC Insurance Association, One of two at-large members appointed by the Governor
- Pete Loy, President, Citadel Enterprises serves as the General Contractor
- Vacant, Structural Engineer
- Vacant, Representative from the State Fire Marshal's Office
About the Committee
The Advisory Committee shall advise and assist in administering the newly established South Carolina Hurricane Mitigation Program (SC Safe Home Program). The committee shall study issues associated with mitigating property losses due to hurricanes, earthquakes, and fires.