In order to be eligible as a certified reinsurer in South Carolina, an assuming insurer must meet the following requirements:
- Domiciled and licensed as an insurer or reinsurer in a “qualified jurisdiction”
- Maintain minimum capital and surplus of no less than $250,000,000
- Maintain financial strength ratings from two or more rating agencies deemed acceptable to the Commissioner
- Agree to submit to the jurisdiction of South Carolina
- Submit financial information for regulatory review
- Satisfy other requirements established by the Commissioner
If you would like to provide comments regarding the application for status as a certified reinsurer listed herein you may email your comments to email@example.com.
Currently no renewal applications.
|Federal/Alien ID||Certified Reinsurers||Domiciliary Jurisdiction||Duration of Certification||Rating||Lines of Business Certified to Reinsurer|
|AA-1340125||Hannover Rück SE||Germany||January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||Secure 2||Life, Annuities, Accident/Health, Property/Casualty|
|AA-1320152||Chubb European Group SE||France||January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||Secure 2||Accident/Health, Property/Casualty|
|AA-3194126||Arch Reinsurance Ltd.||Bermuda||January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||Secure 3||Life, Annuities, Accident/Health, Marine, Property/Casualty|
|AA-3194130||Endurance Specialty Ltd.||Bermuda||January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||Secure 3||Life, Annuities, Accident/Health, Property/Casualty|
|AA-3192150||Watford Re Ltd.||Bermuda||January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||Secure 4||Property/Casualty|