Individual Health Insurers
South Carolina Health Insurance Pool
803-788-0500, ext. 46401
The South Carolina Health Insurance Pool is a State Health Plan designed to provide coverage for those who either do not have or have lost medical coverage at no fault of their own and are uninsurable.
American National Insurance Company
One Moody Plaza
Galveston, TX 77550
BlueChoice Healthplan of South Carolina, Inc. (Age 2 - 29)
Post Office Box 6170
Columbia, SC 29260-6170
Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
2501 Faraway Drive
Columbia, SC 29219-0001
Celtic Insurance Company
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 700
Chicago, IL 60606
Continental General Insurance Company
8901 Indian Hill Drive
Omaha, NE 68124-7007
Time Insurance Company
515 West Wells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
Golden Rule Insurance Company
7400 Woodland Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278-1719
Humana Insurance Company
1100 Employers Boulevard
Green Bay, WI 54344-0000
Mega Life & Health Insurance
(Underwrites for the National Assoc for the Self-Employed--NASE)
9151 Grapevine Hwy
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
New Era Life Insurance Company
10565 Katy Freeway, Suite 410
Post Office Box 79326
Houston, TX 77279-9326
800-713-4680 - Marketing Division
Carolina Care Plan
201 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210-8438
WellPath Select, Inc.
140 Stonebridge Drive, Suite 200
Columbia, SC 29210
The list above is not an all inclusive list of companies marketing individual health insurance in South Carolina. For information on these companies or other companies licensed to do business in South Carolina, please search for an insurance company using the Department's online search tool.
Our online search tool for insurance companies allows consumers to find information about insurance companies licensed to do business in South Carolina, including contact information, licensed producers, types of insurance offered and complaint history.
To find information about an insurance company doing business in South Carolina, please follow the instructions below.
- After reviewing the list of insurers in the Market Share Report, select the company of your choice and write down the 6-digit company code number.
- Click "Search for Insurance Companies."
- Type the 6-digit code into the South Carolina company code field and then click search.
- When the result appears, click on the company's name to view demographics and license information.
- To view the company's complaint summaries and search by city for producers appointed by the company, click on the identified link on the right side of the page.