The following documentation should be completed and submitted as a complete package to the attention of G. Lee Hill, Jr., Chief Financial Analyst.
- Biographical Affidavit [pdf 26k]
- Consent to Service of Process [pdf 49k]
- Manager-Bond, Form 1144 [pdf 28k]
- Reinsurance Intermediary Application [pdf 67k]
- Licensing fee of $100. The check should be made payable to the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
General Instructions for Application
PART A. TYPE OF LICENSE
The Applicant must choose at least one (1) category from each item. The Applicant may request to be licensed as a Reinsurance Intermediary Broker and Manager within one (1) application. For all other items of Part A, only one (1) category should be chosen.
- An Applicant requesting to be licensed as a Reinsurance Intermediary Broker in Item 1 must complete Parts B, C, E, and H of the application.
- An Applicant requesting to be licensed as a Reinsurance Intermediary Manager in Item 1 must complete Parts B, D, E, and H of the application.
- A non-resident Applicant must also complete Part F of the application.
PART B. GENERAL INFORMATION
"Controlling person" is defined in South Carolina Code Ann. Section 38-46-20(2) [pdf 37k].
PART D. MANAGER
A copy of each approved contract, as per Part D, Item 8, must be certified by an officer of the Applicant as being a true and complete copy approved by the reinsurer’s board of directors.
PART F. NONRESIDENT APPLICANT
If licensed, the Applicant shall thereafter notify the Director of Insurance in writing of any change in the designated agent for service of process within five (5) business days after the change.
PART G. EXHIBITS
Exhibits filed with the application should be assigned an identifying number that reflects to which part of the application it relates. For example, an organizational chart filed, as per Part B, Item 7 of the application, should be numbered "Exhibit B.7."
A Reinsurance Intermediary license will be valid for up to one year, expiring each year on December 31. The Department of Insurance will provide renewal application packages to licensed Reinsurance Intermediaries in November of the expiration year.
SCDOI Contact Information
G. Lee Hill, Jr., Chief Financial Analyst